CALL FOR ENTRIES
4th Annual Taos Artists Self Portraits – A Juried Exhibition
Encore Gallery: December 8th 2012 to January 20th 2013
JURORS: Jack Smith, Kathleen Brennan, and Matthew Thomas
Jack Smith's primary focus is the exploration of portraiture. His work is represented in public and private collections internationally.
Kathleen Brennan is a lifetime photographer who is intrigued with portraiture.
J. Matthew Thomas is a Licensed Architect, Artist, Gluten-Free Baker, and Organizer of Pecha Kucha Night in Taos. He is committed to nurturing a diverse, healthy, and creative community.
November 26 -Deadline for submissions
November 29 - Notification of acceptance (via e-mail)
December 4 from 10:00 am to 12pm - Arrival deadline for accepted works
Reception, Saturday December 8 from 4 to 6 PM
Monday, January 21, 2013 – Artwork to be picked up
SUBMISSION CRITERIA and GENERAL INFORMATION
• Exhibition is open to emerging as well as established artists residing or represented in Taos County.
• Media: drawing, painting, sculpture, mixed media and photography
• All accepted work must be original and created within the last two years
• Work must be no larger than 40” on the longest side.
• Artist may submit one to two pieces.
• Entry fee: $25 for members and $35 for non-members. This fee is non-refundable and must be received prior to the submission deadline, November 26, 2012. Make check or money order payable to the TCA.
• All work, unless indicated that it is not for sale (NFS) will be available for purchase during the exhibit.
• TCA will retain a commission of 30% on all artwork sold during the exhibition.
• At the opening reception there will be a vote for people’s choice award. It will be a fun fundraiser to support the TCA and prize dollars to top three people’s choice winners. Individuals can vote for their favorite work of art using dollar bills. Art with top three $$$ amounts will be people’s choice winners and these $$$ will be a 50/50 split with the TCA and winners. Non-winning votes S$$’s are a donation to the TCA.
Submission of original art will not be accepted. There are two ways to submit work:
1. Submit on line at www.tcataos.org (click link below)
• Click on call for entries under the art resource tab on the home page and it will take you to the entry information, at the bottom of that page is a link to submit your work on line.
• Uploaded images must be no bigger than 900 pixels and no smaller than 600 pixels
• If you need help uploading images please email email@example.com
• Uploaded submissions can pay through PayPal or send or drop check or money order to: The Taos Center for the Arts, 133 Paseo Del Pueblo Norte,Taos NM, prior to the submission deadline, November 26, 2012.
2. Submit images as JPEG format on a CD.
• Size images to 300 dpi, file proportions minimum 5” x 7”
• Labeled CD with your name (last name, first name); phone number; email address; title of work, medium, and dimensions. CD’s will not be returned.
• Send or drop submission with entry fee to: The Taos Center for the Arts, 133 Paseo del Pueblo Norte, Taos, NM 87571, prior to the submission deadline, November 26, 2012.
• Include the entry form (see form below), CD of the work and check payable to TCA.