CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Taos Center for the Arts encourages artists to submit works for the 2023 Members Open exhibition— on view Thursday, February 23 through Sunday, March 26 in the Encore Gallery.
Artists may interpret and depict this theme within the medium of their choice.
• Works must be 20”x 20” finished or framed. No larger or smaller. If the work is three-dimensional, the length, width, and depth must all be between 15”-20”.
• Participating artists must become TCA members or be existing members.
• DROP-OFF: WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2022 | 9-10AM
• Early, late or not completely dry work will not be accepted.
• Works must be picked up by the artist or someone the artist designates between 9am and 10am on Monday, March 27, 2023
• Work should be available for purchase during the exhibit. Terms: 40% for TCA, 60% for the artist.
Call for submissions flyer available here.
Open Screen – Spring 2023
TCA’s Open Screen is about sharing digital media projects with each other in a supportive public forum. All genres and styles are welcome, including works in progress. Project runtimes are kept short so we are able to feature all artists and makers who would like to participate. We look forward to seeing your creations for the screen!
1 submission per person or group. Artists/Filmmakers/Groups must be living in New Mexico or located within 100 miles of Taos. All forms of digital media projects in all genres are welcome; short films, projection art, animation projects, music videos. Works in progress are also welcome. We welcome creative work from organizations; promotional material will not be accepted.
Length of work: Short projects, 1 min – 15 mins in length.
File specifications and delivery:
– Format: .mp4, 1920X1080
– File name: Artist Name_Project Title
– Submission options: upload to Google submission form, provide link to DropBox or Google Drive, transfer file to email@example.com using WeTransfer. We will also accept in person delivery of a thumb drive.
Submission Deadline: Wednesday, March 1, 2023
When will this happen? We’re aiming to have open screen showings on March 11th.
How to submit: Upload your submission through this google form.
Is a google form submission not going to work for you or do you have questions? Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PreShow Animation on TCA Big Screen
Call for animators/filmmakers to submit proposals for a 35 second (or less) “Welcome to the theater / house notes” animation to run before films at TCA. Hand drawn, 3D, digital, stop motion, all forms of animation accepted.
- Call is open to emerging and established filmmakers/animators residing in Taos County or within a 50 mile radius of Taos.
- Collaborations are welcome.
*Note: To be considered, TCA is asking artists to first submit their interest and share examples of their previous work. TCA is not asking for completed “Welcome to the theater / house notes” animation as part of the application.
Send one email to Alice Morillon at email@example.com that includes
(1) examples of your work or portfolio
(2) a short animation proposal – tell us about your ideas for the welcome/house notes (may include visual references, brief story board, music style / audio references, or just a narrative). Read below for more information.
*** Consider the following information in your submitted proposal***
- 00:15-00:35 seconds duration
- 1080p or higher
- All ages appropriate
- Audio can be original music, voice-over, voice-acting, etc.
- Works must be original and not include copyrighted content
(this wording does not have to be exact – have fun with it!- and we want to hear your ideas!)
- Welcome to Movies on the BigScreen at TCA
- Emergency Exits
- Silence Your Cellular Devices
- Something fun / creative
- Now For The Feature Presentation
- Artist “by line” / credits
Let’s share music in a listening room style environment. Audiences, of limited size, gather to offer their full attention to the performance. This format directly supports musicians sharing their original (or mostly original) work in an attentive, dedicated atmosphere.
How to be considered for Music In&Around? Submit your information on this google form
Duration: (1) 50 minute set, no intermission. If there are 2 performers/bands, various combinations of set lengths that amount to no more than 70 minutes.
Production: TCA staff will work with musician/group to devise suitable format/feel. Shows will be held in the Encore Gallery.
Please note: TCA does not have an in-house sound engineer, but TCA will work with musicians/groups to create a positive playing and listening experience by either (1) assisting in finding a sound tech who will work for a % of ticket sales or (2) facilitating use of TCA equipment.
Terms: Split of ticket sales. Details to be discussed upon booking arrangements.
Booking: This call is on-going, and we are glad to be receiving many submissions. Our team will get back to you as soon as a potential date is available for your band, which might be a few months ahead.
Taos Center for the Arts is a non-profit, 501(c)(3).
133 Paseo del Pueblo Norte
Taos, New Mexico 87571