CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
TAOS CENTER FOR THE ARTS encourages artists to submit works for the 2024 Members Open exhibition, opening FRIDAY, JANUARY 19, 2024
THEME: Open! No theme.
Artists may submit work in the medium of their choice.
- Works must be 12” x 12” finished or framed. If the work is three-dimensional, the length, width and depth must all be equal or less than 12” x 12” x 12” in any direction.
- Participating artists must become TCA members or be current TCA members.
- Drop-off: THURSDAY, JANUARY 18, 2024, 9am-10am at the Encore Gallery
- Early, late or not completely dry work will not be accepted.
- Works must be picked up by the artist or someone the artist designates between 9am & 10am on Monday, February 19th.
- Work must be available for purchase during the exhibit, with a 60/40, artist/TCA split
All the information is available on this document.
Let’s share music in a listening room style environment. Audiences, of limited size, gather to offer their full attention to the performance. This format directly supports musicians sharing their original (or mostly original) work in an attentive, dedicated atmosphere.
How to be considered for Music In&Around? Submit your information on this google form
Duration: (1) 50 minute set, no intermission. If there are 2 performers/bands, various combinations of set lengths that amount to no more than 70 minutes.
Production: TCA staff will work with musician/group to devise suitable format/feel. Shows will be held in the Encore Gallery.
Please note: TCA does not have an in-house sound engineer, but TCA will work with musicians/groups to create a positive playing and listening experience by either (1) assisting in finding a sound tech who will work for a % of ticket sales or (2) facilitating use of TCA equipment.
Terms: Split of ticket sales. Details to be discussed upon booking arrangements.
Booking: This call is on-going, and we are glad to be receiving many submissions. Our team will get back to you as soon as a potential date is available for your band, which might be a few months ahead.
PreShow Animation on TCA Big Screen
Call for animators/filmmakers to submit proposals for a 35 second (or less) “Welcome to the theater / house notes” animation to run before films at TCA. Hand drawn, 3D, digital, stop motion, all forms of animation accepted.
- Call is open to emerging and established filmmakers/animators residing in Taos County or within a 50 mile radius of Taos.
- Collaborations are welcome.
*Note: To be considered, TCA is asking artists to first submit their interest and share examples of their previous work. TCA is not asking for completed “Welcome to the theater / house notes” animation as part of the application.
Send one email to Alice Morillon at email@example.com that includes
(1) examples of your work or portfolio
(2) a short animation proposal – tell us about your ideas for the welcome/house notes (may include visual references, brief story board, music style / audio references, or just a narrative). Read below for more information.
*** Consider the following information in your submitted proposal***
- 00:15-00:35 seconds duration
- 1080p or higher
- All ages appropriate
- Audio can be original music, voice-over, voice-acting, etc.
- Works must be original and not include copyrighted content
(this wording does not have to be exact – have fun with it!- and we want to hear your ideas!)
- Welcome to Movies on the BigScreen at TCA
- Emergency Exits
- Silence Your Cellular Devices
- Something fun / creative
- Now For The Feature Presentation
- Artist “by line” / credits
The call for submission for Open Screen – Fall 2023 is now closed. If you have submitted your work, keep an eye out for our emails! Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you haven’t heard from us by November 20th. Showcase is on the Sunda, November 26th! We’ll see you there.
Taos Center for the Arts is a non-profit, 501(c)(3).
133 Paseo del Pueblo Norte
Taos, New Mexico 87571