Call for Entries
5th Annual Taos Artists Self Portraits – A Juried Exhibition
Encore Gallery: November 22nd 2013 to January 12th 2014
The TCA’s Taos Artists Self Portraits exhibition, an opportunity to express oneself, is open to anyone residing in or represented by a gallery in Taos County. The call is for all types of media, drawing, painting, sculpture, mixed media and photography.
This year’s self portrait exhibition will be juried by Margery Reading, Petro Hul and Jane M Farmer. Margery Reading is a local artist and a former member of the Taos Portrait Society. Petro Hul is a local sculptor who also teaches stone carving at Southwest Stoneworks in Rinconada as well as the Marble/marble Symposium in Colorado. Jane M Farmer is a retired curator formerly at the Smithsonian and a free-lance curator/producer of international exhibitions and artist exchanges.
- November 11 - Deadline for submissions
- November 14 - Notification of acceptance (via e-mail)
- November 19 from 10:00 am to 12pm - Arrival deadline for accepted works
- November 22 from 5-7 pm Reception
- Monday, January 13, 2014 - Artwork picked up from 10 am – 12 pm
Margery Reading, Petro Hul, and Jane M. Farmer
SUBMISSION CRITERIA and GENERAL INFORMATION
- Exhibition is open to emerging as well as established artists residing or represented in Taos County.
- Media: drawing, painting, sculpture, mixed media and photography
- All accepted work must be original and created within the last two years
- Work must be no larger than 40” on the longest side.
- Artist may submit one to two pieces.
- Entry fee: $25 for members and $35 for non-members. This fee is non-refundable and must be received prior to the submission deadline, November 11, 2013. Make check or money order payable to the TCA.
- All work, unless indicated that it is not for sale (NFS) will be available for purchase during the exhibit.
- Artist will receive 70% of sales and TCA will retain a commission of 30% on all artwork sold during the exhibition.
- At the opening reception there will be a vote for people’s choice award.
Submission of original art will not be accepted. There are two ways to submit work:
1. Submit on line using the below form on this page.
- Uploaded images must be no bigger than 900 pixels and no smaller than 600 pixels
- If you need help uploading images please email Holly@tcataos.org
- Uploaded submissions can pay through PayPal or send or drop check or money order to: The Taos Center for the Arts, 133 Paseo Del Pueblo Norte,Taos NM, prior to the submission deadline, November 11, 2013.
2. Submit images as JPEG format on a CD.
- Size images to 300 dpi, file proportions minimum 5” x 7”
- Labeled CD with your name (last name, first name); phone number; email address; title of work, medium, and dimensions. CD’s will not be returned.
- Send or drop submission with entry fee to: The Taos Center for the Arts, 133 Paseo del Pueblo Norte, Taos, NM 87571, prior to the submission deadline, November 11, 2013.
- Include the entry form, CD of the work and check payable to TCA.