Taos Center for the Arts invites applications for a Communications Coordinator.
This position is 15 hours per week ($16 per hour). Though TCA’s theater has been closed for a year, the arts organization has been extremely active with virtual programming, drive-in events, and exhibitions. We anticipate opening the theater in 2021.
This position is focused on: (1) managing information flow between people and groups, (2) establishing and working within timelines, (3) writing press releases, content, emails to staff, graphic designer, the public, media outlets, TCA partners and collaborators. This position is primarily remote.
For a PDF of the Job Description, click here.
Qualities and skills needed to excel in the position:
– a strong writer interested in writing for various audiences
– comfortable with multi-tasking and dynamic work environment
– able to manage various flows of information
– able to work independently, self starter, interested in problem-solving
– comfortable with feedback
– enjoys managing timelines for self and others
– thrives in a fast paced, collaborative work environment
– write and send emails
– create and manage social media content
– point person for communication between graphic designer and staff
– point person for gathering sponsorship information from business partners and collaborators
– collaborate with Programs Manager and Executive Director to create press releases
– develop and maintain documents and media in internal share drive
– develop relationships and partnerships in the community
– manage and update calendar, ticketing software, and website
– update online events calendars locally and regionally
– respond to social media comments and messaging
– able to work 2-3 hours Monday – Friday (flexibly between 6am – 6pm)
– Platforms utilized: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Veezi, Time.ly, Google Suite, Later, WordPress
To apply for this position: please email a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as received.
Questions? Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org