Call to Artists
2017 TFAF Poster Award Info
Submission Deadline March 31, 2017 at 5:00pm
The 43rd Annual Taos Fall Arts Festival is excited to announce its 2017 Call for Poster Artist! All Taos County Artists are invited to submit their works online for this year’s Poster Award. The selected art work for the poster will also be the image used by the Festival for its promotion in print advertising and collateral materials (flyers, cards, etc.). The artist will receive a cash award of $500.00 and print and web exposure worth thousands of dollars as well as a prominent display wall for their works at the festival. The artist will also be invited to speak at the Pecha Kucha event.
The poster submission is inclusive; open to work of all styles and mediums. Works submitted should be visually engaging and exciting; expressing or representing northern New Mexico, or Taos cultures, art, or environments.
The work must have been completed in the last twenty-four months and not currently showing in a retail setting. The work must be available for purchase at the festival.
Limited copies of the poster are available for sale during the Fall Arts Festival and at the Town of Taos Visitor Center. The artist will receive 5 posters at no cost.
This year’s poster may include fonts, logos, borders or other graphic elements on top of or in addition to the artist’s work. The final poster will be 18x24” Maximum.
The Fall Arts Festival retains the right to use all or part of the selected image in future advertisements. The poster will be printed in a limited edition of 100 to be signed by the artist.
The selected artist should be willing to participate in at least one radio interview and/or lecture, and must be available on opening night of the festival.
The board of directors may wish to view the top five artists' work before making a final decision.
2017 Poster Requirements
All Applications will be Submitted Online
- Artists must currently reside in Taos County.
- All work must be:
- Created in the last 24 months
- Not currently for sale or showing in a retail setting
- The original MUST be for sale at this year’s Festival
- Each Artist may submit up to 3 images between 600-900 pixels wide.
- Applications Should Also Include
- Name of Artist
- Title of the Artwork
- Actual size of the Artwork in inches
- $10 Submission Fee (Payable via PayPal, Cash or Check)
- 100 word Artist statement is optional but helpful in the judging process. Submit Word doc or PDF.
- All images uploaded must be under 3 Megabytes in file size. We recommend a RGB jpg at MAXIMUM quality image size should be 72dpi and 1800 pixels on the LONGEST side."
Submission Deadline-March 31, 2017 at 5:00pm←
Late or Incomplete Applications will NOT be reviewed
2017 Poster Artist will be announced May 1, 2017
If you need assistance
Gak Stonn 505.603.5696 or email@example.com
Ricky Pass 719.492.1264 or firstname.lastname@example.org